C#/.Net Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 963741BR Location New York, New York, United States / San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
We’re looking for an engineer who has experience in C#, who knows how to consider cross platform design, is familiar with sound architectural patterns and is ready to push the boundaries on our custom in-house runtime to provide the best app experiences for our developers and users on devices across the varying spectrum from desktop PCs to Xbox consoles.
This opening is for a Senior Software Engineer. Whether you’re in New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, or anywhere in the US (remote work), we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry!
What will the future of streaming look like; and are you ready to be a part of it?
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- To build on an innovative technology stack
- To work with an outstanding team of Engineers on award-winning, sophisticated apps and systems in a highly collaborative team environment
- To have an influence on products used globally by millions
- Help the design and architecture of the client SDK in a small team setting while collaborating across the organization.
- Write code and specifications that establishes and improves the way our applications interact with the Disney services.
- Building on code quality through test-driven development and unit testing.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, design, and marketing teams to help define product requirements.
- Review and test code for correctness, and its impact on software architecture
- Strong experience in C# development.
- Proven architectural skills and ability to communicate about software processes, architectures and design patterns.
- Experience collaborating with team members.
- Experience building reusable frameworks and SDK’s for other application developers.
- Experience building apps on connected devices and game consoles.
- Video streaming technologies including HLS and DRM.
- Familiarity with Git for source control.
- Xaml experience helpful.
- Experience writing and maintaining technical documentation and specifications.
- Experience in using scripting languages for task automation.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.