Channel Development ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7092739420220515 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the Disney+ SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth for Disney Streaming Services. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel.
The Channel Development Manager will play a critical role in a DTC acquisition business. Specific responsibilities will include developing and execution new customer acquisition strategy, testing new acquisition channels, and fostering synergistic optimization between acquisition channels. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mindset to the role. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to be at the forefront of digital innovation and growth. This is a highly collaborative role which will work across the Disney business as well as high-profile external partners.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive subscriber acquisition, conversion and efficiency for streaming services
- Support research and business development efforts to identify new acquisition marketing channels to test into (such as direct mail or DRTV)
- Develop business models and forecasted results to justify and de-risk potential tests
- Collaborate with existing paid acquisition channels (affiliates, display, paid search, paid social, CTV paid media) to foster better cross-pollination between channels
- Create roadmap and secure internal stakeholder support for collaboration with on-channel marketing teams for better cross-pollination between paid and owned channels (email, organic social, push, product marketing)
- Enhance ROI of influencer marketing initiatives via architecting more use of influencer creative assets across other marketing channels
- 3+ years digital marketing experience
- Knowledge of and experience leading multiple marketing acquisition channels, both digital and offline
- Business development mindset comfortable with crafting models and forecasts
- Highly analytical mindset with an understanding of acquisition funnel, economics and profitability levers
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong partner or client management skills
- Passion for innovation, creative problem solving, and building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
- College degree OR equivalent years of applicable experience required
The hiring range for this position in New York is $104,280.00-$130,350.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.