Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Community Engagement Intern (NY), Corporate Citizenship - Summer/FallApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524147BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 02/07/2018
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
New York Community Engagement, part of Corporate Citizenship, is responsible for charitable outreach and employee volunteerism for The Walt Disney Company in New York City. Disney is dedicated to inspiring families and children in the areas of compassion, healthy living, creativity, and conservation.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
As the Community Engagement Intern, you will support the activities of the New York Community Engagement team as a whole. You will help to facility significant department projects including those leading up to our activations in the field as a result of sponsored programs, as well as the voluntEARing activities. For example, you will help to coordinator of our backpack drive and holiday programming around our “Share the Joy” campaign.
- Assist with and facilitate project and event coordination
- Assist with Disney VoluntEARS online portal website
- Prepare communication materials
- Manage and organize department files
- Help manage photo databases
- Conduct research
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Extremely well organized, self-starter and team player
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with video editing software
- Knowledge or experience working with non-profit organizations
- Passion for volunteerism
- Previous experience with event planning or coordination
- Experience or coursework in non-profit management, volunteer management, or grant making
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Finance, Public Relations or a closely related field
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.
- The approximate dates of this internship are early June 2018 through early January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 24 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the New York City area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age