Already applied?View Dashboard
Consumer Products Safety Testing Compliance CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667080BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May. 09, 2019
- Daily review of licensee products regarding safety issues.
- Must have knowledge of North America (U.S. & Canada) government regulated safety on products (apparel, toys, home furnishing, beauty & health care, food, stationary, etc.).
- Have an understanding of CPSC (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) and CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act).
- Contact the correct parties and help facilitate on product recalls or on guest complaint of products.
- Communicate with licensee to provide guidance on consumer product safety testing related issues.
- Provide parent company with all requested safety documentation.
- Attend Bi-weekly conference meetings with all Product Integrity counterparts from parent company to share of any issues regarding safety.
- Contact licensees on outstanding non provided safety testing.
- Communicate with legal counsel team regarding licensee issues.
- Assist between the Brand Assurance, royalty reporting department, sales, accounting departments.
- On an ad-hoc basis complete weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to upper management.
- 2 – 5 years of safety experience with consumer products
- Prior knowledge of US and Canada consumer product safety rules
- Knowledge of how to interpret an accredited lab report (in regard to consumer products)
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of consumer product safety
- The candidate should be hard working, strong communicator, conscientious, meticulous, and possesses a keen willingness to learn the details of the licensing business of Marvel Entertainment
Required EducationBA / BS degree in Product Development or relevant consumer product work experience
Additional Information:Please include resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills and how they are relevant to the role.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.