Content Distribution Engineer, Media Performance
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774933BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 24, 2021
Job Summary:The Media Distribution team is looking to hire a passionate Performance Engineer with experience in the Content Delivery space.
As a Performance Engineer within the Media Distribution organization, you’ll be responsible for improving edge performance of our video CDN delivery solutions, servicing the customers across our platforms including Disney+, ESPN+, and others. You’ll also function across departments, working with our client engineering, operations and services teams to identify and improve areas within the distribution ecosystem. You will help with the development of tooling, perform detailed analysis on edge delivery performance while assisting with research on next generation distribution technologies.
- Develop consistent and improved edge caching implementations with third party and internal partners
- Create code for improved automation of caching solutions, reporting, and analysis
- Work with edge service APIs to prototype integrated solutions focused around Content Distribution
- Research next generation technology and real world implications to CDNs and caching architecture
- Actively review performance metrics across a variety of edge providers and find areas to optimize performance.
- Maintain and improve performance analysis insights and solutions
- 3+ years experience within the Content Delivery Network Industry
- Knowledgeable of HTTP/DNS/Internet Architecture
- Knowledgeable Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP)
- Knowledgeable of Web Serving (NGINX, HAProxy) & Caching (Varnish) software
- Deep understanding of streaming video protocols (HLS) and how it interacts with caching
- Knowledge of video players and impact on cache logic
- Technical interest involvement in the CDN industry
- Passion for Troubleshooting and Debugging
- High level of expertise with code development (Python)
- High level of expertise with metric backends (Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB)
- High level of expertise with 3rd party API interaction (Conviva)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.