Content Insertion Assistant
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 841167BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 10, 2022
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming Services consists of agile and responsive teams of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The department’s responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.Content Insertion Operations is responsible for coordinating commercial breaks and quality control of live broadcast streaming content. The Content Insertion department works closely with other DSS multimedia departments to successfully deliver live streaming and video on demand of sporting and other events to the
The Content Insertion Assistant position is an integral part of the Disney Streaming Services team. They are live-event operators and are directly responsible for what the customer will experience. They are responsible for coordinating commercial breaks and reporting all audio/visual issues during the broadcast.The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and take the quality of their work very seriously, as they will be contributing to a highly visible, high profile product. This is a remote part-time role with the expectation of 20-30 hours per week. Weekend, late-night, and holiday availability is a requirement of this position.
- Monitoring the event feed and reporting audio/video issues to a supervisor
- Slating/Commercial Insertion during live events
- Coordinating commercial breaks
- Cutting and publishing event markers to the stream
- Flexibility to work various shifts when needed
- Must be available to work weekends
- Must be available to work late nights and some holidays
- Ability to work remotely
- Typically has 0 – 1 year related experience
- Motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate
- Strong attention to detail, ability to quickly follow instructions
- Capability of identifying various audio and video issues
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced, bustling environment
- Demonstrates proficiency in some technical concepts and related processes, with specialization in others
- Knowledge of sports (Especially major sports)
- Familiarity with some video editing software
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Mac OS, Outlook, Word, Excel and some form of video editing software
- Experience in live video/streaming production environment a plus
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.