Coordinating Producer (ABC News Live)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 726685BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 22, 2019
Responsibilities:The Coordinating Producer will oversee futures planning, scheduling and content selection with VOD and digital video teams to determine the best content to use in news pods throughout the day.
The Coordinating Producer will work with Newsgathering to secure participation from correspondents in the field, the social team to meet daily posting deadlines and to engage audience, and the broader digital team to ensure promotion and collaboration.
The Coordinating Producer will be responsible for ensuring continuity for all of the above. They will report to the Executive Producer of ABC News Live.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a live news environment planning, futures, and coordinating teams across multiple dayparts
- Must have demonstrated experience making editorial decisions and collaborating across multiple departments within the newsroom and field correspondents
- All candidates should have extensive production experience and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A willingness to work different shifts, as needed, and thrive under daily deadline pressures
- Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
- Extensive experience working as a field producer on live events
- Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.