Coordinating Producer (GMA Weekend)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 714092BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 25, 2019
- Work with Senior Broadcast Producer to plan future taped pieces and segments for weekend shows.
- Work with the other senior producers to help build the rundown for the show.
- Help oversee production of taped pieces and segments, providing overall editorial guidance, fact-checking and proofreading.
- Communicate and coordinate with desks regarding show needs and plans as well as assigning correspondents and crews.
- Assist in pre-screening all pieces before air with an eye towards the highest possible production quality, editorial content and accuracy. Provide clear feedback and direction to make improvements to pieces.
- Proofread and edit show copy.
- Line produce and work closely with Senior Broadcast Producer, director and control room crew to bring show to air each morning.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in morning news.
- Must be organized and have the ability to work under tight deadlines and keep calm and focused in a high pressure environment.
- Experience writing and producing taped pieces a plus.
- Experience on the network level also a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.