Coordinating Producer, Nightline (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 845817BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 23, 2021
Responsibilities:The main role of the Coordinating Producer is to develop, shoot, write, oversee edits of video projects from start to finish while meeting the strictest of deadlines. This includes sometimes turning 8-minute pieces in one day, and other times over a few weeks – depending on the project. The Coordinating Producer is also responsible to lead the producing team on breaking news crashes and come up with innovative and fresh ideas. The Coordinating Producer will be the driving force behind the creative direction of segments or shows, and serve as the main communicator with crews, as well as with talent and editors. They will oversee logistics and budgeting. Due to the nature of the content and the high-speed production of the show - agility, flexibility, strong editorial judgement and superior storytelling skills are a must.
- Pitch and brainstorm new conceits of storytelling, series, and formats
- Develop and fully execute all greenlit pitches
- Coordinate, organize, and book all elements for shoot
- Manage crews and gear
- Direct all shoots
- Must be confident working with and directing high profile talent, and ensuring preparedness
- Write scripts, manage fact checking, and ascertain legal and standards approvals
- Drive and oversee post-production edits from a creative standpoint from start to finish
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously, producing video with a rapid turnaround in high volume
- Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities
- A minimum of 5 years of experience at a broadcast or cable network, production company, or equivalent environment
- A willingness to work different shifts, as needed, and thrive under daily deadline pressures.
- Demonstrated experience writing broadcast ready scripts
- Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
- Entrepreneurial, strong self-starting approach to work
- Working knowledge of cameras and related gear
- Working knowledge of Avid editing systems or equivalent
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed, sometimes with short notice
- 7 or more years experience producing long form and breaking news content
- 2 or more years experience working in the field
Required EducationBachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.