Already applied?View Dashboard
Coordinator, Digital/Book Market Sales, PublishingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711789BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
- Maintain knowledge of Marvel’s various digital comic platforms including:
- Digital comics on comiXology and Marvel Comics apps
- Digital trades and collections on third party platforms (Kindle, Books on Google Play, Nook, iBookstore, etc.)
- Digital Comics Library Services
- MU & MU+ subscription service
- Assist with Marvel’s relationships with third-party digital vendors and coordinate all meetings with third party vendors to determine future agendas (availability of content, marketing, etc.).
- Create and manage release schedules for Marvel’s production department to deliver necessary assets (files of digital comic books, custom previews, cover art, etc.) to third party vendors
- Provides assets and copywriting for promotion of digital comics including emails, Marvel.com stories and metadata.
- Work with publishing to determine digital comic sales, special promotions linked to other events (movie releases, television show premieres, video games, etc.) and marketing agendas.
- Report sales data of digital trades on third party vendors to the appropriate departments (publishing, product, etc.)
Book Market Responsibilities include
- Preparation of trade P&L’s for print runs
- Assist in the creation of the book market catalog three times a year
- Coordinate meetings and presentations with sales reps
- Manage Sales materials for book market reps
- Sale sheets
- Fact Sheets
- Add on Sheets
- Assist with marketing and promotions of trades with sales reps
- Upload collection titles, covers, and contributors to vendor systems and be responsible for updating their systems with weekly changes
- Ad-hoc project support
Basic Qualifications:Maintain knowledge of all comics and trades published
Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word, Social Media Platforms
Required EducationBA / BS Degree
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.