Already applied?View Dashboard
Copy Editor, FiveThirtyEightApply Now Apply Later Job ID 698420BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Aug. 20, 2019
- Edit and publish several stories per day while maintaining FiveThirtyEight’s standards for rigor, accuracy and polish.
- Collaborate with reporters, editors, visual journalists and our audio/visual team.
- Demonstrate sound news judgment while balancing multiple tasks.
- A minimum of three years’ experience copy editing at a news website or publication.
- Ability to edit and write on deadline with speed and accuracy.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet software and Google Docs.
- Experience working in Associated Press style.
- A demonstrated knowledge of some or all of the topic areas covered by FiveThirtyEight, particularly politics or sports.
- Willingness and desire to collaborate across different teams.
- Five years of editing experience at a major website or publication.
- Knowledge of statistical tools, such as Excel, R or Python.
- A proven ability to write web-savvy headlines.
- Familiarity with web publishing platforms, including WordPress.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.