Counsel – Rights & ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 779447BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of production agreements for ABC News, including above- and below-the-line talent, production services agreements, program acquisition agreements, program licenses, confidentiality agreements, location agreements, clip licenses, materials releases, equipment rentals and other related production agreements.
- Conceiving, developing and overseeing a rights management system. Working with lawyers on all the legal teams throughout DGE to conceive, organize, develop and manage a rights database for DGE’s extensive and growing library of content. Performing rights research. Analyzing best practices, setting policies and determining economies of scale for this rights system. Project-managing the rights system to ensure it meets the needs of all of the different legal groups within DGE. Overseeing a paralegal or paralegal specialist who will assist in developing, collecting data, organizing and managing such system and performing rights analyses.
- Consulting and collaborating with legal and business partners across the company on agreements, matters and initiatives pertaining to production and rights management.
- Performing special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- A minimum of 4 years of legal experience at a reputable law firm and/or in-house legal department. Previous in-house experience at a network or studio is preferred.
- Experience drafting and negotiating production agreements.
- Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to identify and analyze issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Superior project management skills. Entrepreneurial and a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with all levels and management.
- Initiative and attention to detail.
- Team oriented with a positive “can do” attitude and a solution oriented approach to legal issues.
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism and collaboration.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and other office-related software.
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to New York State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.