Already applied?View Dashboard
CounselApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687163BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jul. 25, 2019
Responsibilities:The position will involve working on a wide variety of transactional matters including:
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating consumer products and publishing license agreements, talent agreements, services agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Reviewing and clearing a high volume of pre-release content, audiovisual content, marketing materials, press releases, social media & other creative assets.
- Advising business and creative clients on advertising materials and commercial messaging.
- Advise business and creative clients on copyright, trademark, and intellectual property matters.
- Collaborate closely with the legal team and business functions within Marvel and The Walt Disney Company.
Basic Qualifications:Outstanding academic credentials, strong speaking and writing skills, great interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collegial, in-house environment.
Preferred Qualifications:Admission to New York State Bar
- Must have a J.D.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.