Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Creative Development Intern, Disney Theatrical Group – Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 519821BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Disney Theatrical Group Date posted 02/05/2018
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be a part of something big…
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking a passionate self-starter for a summer internship in the Creative Development department. The intern will gain a comprehensive understanding of how Disney Theatrical Group develops a new show from the kernel of the idea, through selecting the creative team, developing the script, producing the show and ultimately supporting worldwide licensing of the material. He or she will gain first-hand knowledge of how our productions fit into the theatrical landscape as a whole, as well as exposure to both the creative and business aspects of producing.
ResponsibilitiesMake and Impact by…
- Tracking of new musicals: Developing a comprehensive chart for all shows premiering throughout the country, prioritizing which shows are most important and creating a plan for scouting (including any necessary travel)
- Providing coverage for New York summer theatre festivals including NYMF, Fringe NYC, Midtown International, Lincoln Center Festival, etc.
- Assist in preparations for developmental readings and labs
- Editing and proofing of licensed scripts, scores and support materials
- Administrative assistance for upcoming developmental regional productions
- Research assistance for shows in development
- Reading approved script and demo submissions
Basic QualificationsYou bring…
Candidates must be pursuing a degree in theatre with an interest towards a career in producing, directing, and music directing or creative development. Ideally he or she will have directed or produced at least one production (at any level: school, community, etc.). Required skills are as follows:
- A tremendous passion for new theatrical works, especially musicals, and a working knowledge of the names and credits of established theater makers
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to read music
- A willingness to cover at least 4 shows per week
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office. (Working knowledge of Finale and Final Draft are preferred)
- A friendly, collaborative spirit with passion for excellence.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 29, 2018 through August 10, 2018.
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program, AND returning to school for at least one semester at the completion of the internship
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer