Creative Director (ABC News Live)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 727519BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 27, 2019
Responsibilities:This person must be able to fully ideate and produce top-end quality content from conceptualization to air. Must embrace deadlines and work well under breaking news pressure - able to juggle multiple projects at one time. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative as well as an independent thinker, a risk taker who is deeply curious - with an original point of view. You will need to maintain a clear sense of purpose and priority, while also executing delivery of multiple projects on tight deadlines. This leader will be someone who is actively hands on in not only creative direction, but in daily creative production and brings fun creative spirit and energy to the team.
If you are crazy driven, with an eclectic spirit and a love for breaking news, politics, pop-culture, music, art, sports, everything under the sun – if you are super creative, technically gifted and are a strong/inspiring leader and manager, then this is the job for you.
- Minimum of 10 creative years within the media/entertainment space
- Experience in managing creative teams and/or high-pressure, creative projects
- Top-notch presentation skills and the proven ability to present creative work to a full range of audiences
- A team-first, no-drama working style, with a focus on results
- Experienced in managing the overall creative and production process
- Has overseen and juggled a large volume of multi-level creative projects and creative strategy development
- A proven understanding of deadlines for strategy, planning processes and creative team as well as self.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- News experience a plus
- BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.