Creative DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 852694BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
People engage with The Walt Disney Company’s content, characters, and stories through the great digital products that Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) builds and manages. With innovative, world-class design and engineering, we create beloved and diverse digital experiences across news, sports, and entertainment.
From show clips and highlights to video and audio streaming, and some of the world’s most trusted news, analysis, commentary and scores, our industry-leading portfolio of 90+ digital products reach an average of more than 380 million users, who spend over 30 billion minutes and watch at least 3 billion videos, each month across the range of products and brands.
Creative Directors on the Disney Streaming Design and Creative Marketing team, work across products and IP to build cohesive, market-moving campaigns that build subscriber growth, retain customers, and showcase the incredible breadth and depth of Disney Streaming.
We are seeking a Creative Director to concept and execute International 360 integrated campaigns, but with a focus on digital, social media, and landing pages to acquire and retain Disney+ users.
- Lead a cross-functional team to create large multi-channel acquisition focused campaigns for Disney Streaming IP, products, and offerings
- Lead a team of designers fostering growth and opportunities
- Foster strong relationships across domestic and international departments, strengthening creative and campaign reach and goals
- Work closely with media strategy teams and partners to maintain best practices across all touchpoints of campaigns
- Proactively build creative that drives subscriber goals for Disney Streaming products and IP
- Key contributor to test and learn agenda for creative and media
- 5+ years of experience in a traditional or in-house agency; leading acquisition-focused campaign ideation, visual execution, and production
- Expert level understanding of digital media landscape and current trends in the space
- Experience with digital media, social media, and landing pages is a preference
- 4+ years of managing and building inclusive design cultures
- A track record of managing and developing junior team members
- Experience across channels such as connected TV, social media, email, landing pages, print etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Clearly articulating creative ideas through discussions and documentation internally and with partners
- An empathetic/inclusive mindset and passion for streaming, Disney IP and design
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- PORTFOLIO REQUIRED – please submit/attach link and required passwords if required, to be considered
- Background in directing animation/motion graphics - HTML5 a plus
- International experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.