Already applied?View Dashboard
Creative DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 575464BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Date posted Jul. 10, 2018
- Oversees design and production of large and diverse adult and children’s licensed publishing list.
- Works with licensees, agents and artists regarding proposed contract terms as designated by the Director, Licensed Publishing and Publisher.
- Coordinates with the SVP, Operations on schedules and the VP, Production in order to meet deadlines in a cost and time efficient way.
- Manages and/or designs covers or packaging for assigned titles when appropriate.
- Negotiates cost and timing with the writer and artist’s representatives for the best product within budget and timeframe under the SVP, Operations direction.
- Hires and supervises freelance designers and illustrators as needed.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Third Party Editors to insure timely execution and follow-through from manuscript to bound books.
- Establishes regular routing procedures for review of interior design and illustration by SVP, Production and Editors.
- Exercises fiscal responsibility in managing design and production of company published titles.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Editor/Art Director in interior and cover design for trade books.
- Experience managing, negotiating, and maintaining proper image usage rights.
- Must have practical experience working with Royalty based illustrator contracts.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, Acrobat) with competent knowledge of their application in book design and production.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- All applicants must possess a strong attention to detail and have proven abilities to problem solve.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
Required Education4-year college degree preferably in Graphic Design, or equivalent work experience.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.