Crisis Management Planning Program ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709900BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 02, 2019
Global Crisis Management’s (GCM) mission is to collaborate with key business partners and customers to support all Disney (and its affiliates) employees in building, sustaining and improving Disney’s capability to prepare for, respond to and recover from all hazards. GCM accomplishes its mission by four approaches: plan development, training and exercising developed plans, implementing the use of technology for emergency use and partnership with internal and external partners.
- Provide emergency management technical expertise for plan writing and project management.
- Administer the enterprise-wide employee notification system GENS, including partnership integration and enhancement identification and development.
- Monitor and support all Global Crisis Events, man-made or natural to ensure Corporate Crisis Management has complete Situational Awareness and is able to make informed decisions.
- Employee will be available during non-scheduled hours, as needed, including holidays and weekends, to support a crisis impacting The Walt Disney Company.
- Participate in the Crisis Management On Call Program.
- Support the Senior Manager of Planning and Preparedness on special projects as they come up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 - 10 years in the emergency management field specific to plan development.
- Project Management, emergency and business continuity plan writing, EOC activations
- Excellent personal communication and diplomacy skills.
- Exceptional computer, social media and presentation skills.
- Experienced professional with the ability to manage difficult situations, leverage limited resources and design emergency management programs.
- “Can do” attitude.
- ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- Preferred Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) ICS 300 and 400, FEMA Professional Development Series, IS 235- Emergency Planning
- 2-4-year degree in any discipline or equivalent experience
- 4 year degree in emergency management
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.