Already applied?View Dashboard
Customer Service Representative, Tier 2 (Full-Time)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 529185BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted May. 10, 2018
Job Summary:Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today BAMTECH Media has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition
BAMTECH gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time, or location. By driving technological innovations, BAMTECH aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer live entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally.
BAMTECH designs, develops, and delivers direct-to-consumer streaming services for a growing roster of sports, news, and entertainment partners including the NHL, MLB, PGA TOUR, WWE Network, and Riot Games/League of Legends.
The Customer Service Representative will need to be available to work irregular hours including holidays, nights, and weekends. We are looking for 3 Part-Time Representatives to join the NY team.
- Answering Customer Service inquiries via incoming calls and email
- Provide escalated technical support across multiple browser / OS / devices
- Follow and navigate through detailed troubleshooting steps across multiple platforms
- Assist with de-escalating level one contacts regarding but not limited to the following:
- Answer questions about accounts, billing, and services
- Retain customers looking to cancel their subscription
- Handle any other customer inquiry, complaint or request
- Offer an exceptional customer experience in every interaction
- Advanced computer skills / General technical support skills (emptying cache, deleting cookies, browser knowledge, reboot steps, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of mobile device layouts, navigation, and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of connected device types, i.e. Xbox, Apple TV, Roku
- De-escalation and rebuttal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for sports
- Schedule flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated / Driven
- Compassionate / Empathetic
- Able to deliver a positive customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.