Data Analyst, Partner Analytics
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776282BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 10, 2021
Job Summary:We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Partner Analytics team to support the reporting and analysis of Disney+ subscription distribution partners (such as Verizon). The role will visualize and develop dashboards and executive reports that enable visibility and quick insights into our rapidly growing and expanding business. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and hands-on experience with reporting and communicating data. You will be working on data analysis, KPI definitions, data investigations and the delivery of organized insights and ideas for rapid and clear communication.
The Subscriber Analytics function masters exploratory data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations that serve the dual purpose of driving business decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. This team collaborates cross-functionally across the Disney Streaming Services organization, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company to generate insightful, compelling and strategic analysis and plans. Product, Marketing, Engineering and Analytics teams will be your partners to execute on innovative methods and best-in-class practices that power all of our improvements. The team’s work will drive the development of business and operational plans that are expected to have broad influence at all levels of the organization.
- Create, deliver and continuously iterate on reporting views focused on partner subscriber growth and behavior
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to deeply understand partner integrations and the underlying systems behavior
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities to drive subscriber growth
- Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply across key metrics
- Analyze and report key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
- Analyze subscriber and behavior data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business, product and marketing decisions
- 2+ years of hands-on analytical work experience with SQL and/or Python
- Proficiency with SQL
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying code
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in financial and customer data sets, including subscriber acquisition and retention metrics
- Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solutions, document the changes, and communicate organizational impact
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations in a timely manner
- Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker. It’s a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data products
- Python experience writing, managing and deploying code
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.