Already applied?View Dashboard
Data Analyst, Reporting & BIApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687242BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 03, 2019
Job Summary:We are seeking a Data Analyst who will partner with business and operating teams who will focus on reporting to monitor key performance indicators and metrics. Collaborating across disciplines, you will design and implement reporting that enables internal clients to access, explore and monitor their data.
- Partner with colleagues facilitating the design, build and automation of reports / dashboards that provide insight into customer conversion and behavior.
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues to identify and report on short-term and long-term performance.
- Implementing self-service tools used to access disparate data sources (both legacy and cloud-based).
- Train and support colleagues in the use of self-service data exploration and visualization tools.
- Analyze variability from trends; exploring data and communicating findings to influence acquisition and retention strategies.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as necessary.
- Instigate process change to evolve our subscriber reporting with the growing needs of the subscription business.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- 1+ years work experience implementing and reporting on business key performance indicators.
- 1+ years work experience using SQL is required.
- Strong analytic SQL skills and experience working with traditional relational databases and/or NoSQL databases such as Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Redshift.
- Additional programming languages (e.g. Python, R) preferred.
- Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Tableau, Chartio, etc.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.