Data Engineer (Marketing Data Eng Team)
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765406BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 15, 2020
Job Summary:The Marketing Data Engineering team at Disney Streaming Services is responsible for creating and deploying the data pipelines and data platform integrations to enable the Disney+ and ESPN+ marketing & analytics teams. We build the data solutions to optimize the marketing spend and efficacy of creative content for both paid media and lifecycle engagement messaging.
- Build and deploy streaming and batch data pipelines in support of the Disney+ marketing ecosystem to enable data activation and segmentation capabilities across paid media and lifecycle engagement marketing.
- Integrate with a variety of data providers ranging from upstream data services to 3rd party data solutions.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and analytics teams to build data-forward solutions to subscriber growth and retention
- Build integrations with paid media platforms to optimize marketing spend through data and analytics
- Develop unit/integration tests and data validations to ensure the quality of code and data
- Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
- 2-3 years of experience developing in object oriented Python
- Familiar with big-data solutions using technologies such as Databricks, EMR, S3, and Spark
- Loading and querying cloud-hosted databases such as Snowflake/Redshift
- Building data pipelines using Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, or Flink
- Familiarity with binary data serialization formats such as Parquet, Avro, and Thrift
- Experience deploying data notebook and analytic environments such as Jupyter and
- Familiarity with deploying and running AWS-based data solutions
- Experience with graph-based data workflows using Apache Airflow
- Knowledge of marketing technology stacks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.