Data Product Manager - Platform DevOpsApply NowApply Later Job ID 928256BR Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Data Collection Framework (DCF) team is the part of D.A.T.A responsible for collecting usage data from DMED digital properties, with users’ express consent. Data is normalized at the time of collection for packaged delivery to downstream consumers for journey analysis, test, advertising, identity management, personalization, and content recommendation. The DCF collaborates daily with members of the privacy, legal, security, and brand management teams from across TWDC.
Responsibilities:The Data Product Manager (DPM) for Onboarding & Sustainment Product Support uses their extensive Front-End and Data Engineering experience to write, maintain, and conceptualize coding and data solutions. The primary objective of this role is to streamline the collection, standardization, enhancement, and delivery of data streams from digital assets on all platforms to a multiplicity of data consumers.
The Product Support DPM role is detail-intensive, requiring both accuracy and flexibility in the face of changing business priorities and technological capabilities. The final candidate will be able to work seamlessly with other stakeholder teams, and act as a thought leader and innovator in the space whose key skill is mapping requirements to functionality.
As the Data Product Manager, you will:
- Play a critical role in operating the Ensighten TMS and Privacy modules. Participate in the planning, specification, and deployment of DCF releases on the Web platform. Take responsibility for the execution of these releases on the Ensighten platform.
- Create and maintain code, structures, and applications used by the DCF, including the development and management of products that improve stakeholders’ understanding of consumer data collection health.
- Develop intimate understanding of data compliance and build relevant products to convey data compliance standards to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Application development in both the Windows Server and AWS Lambda environments.
- Ability to test and evaluate API usage in Postman.
- Design and Specification experience in a Fortune 500 setting.
- Proven ability to write effective system and process documentation, including data mappings and business and system requirements. Working knowledge of version control systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of multiple software development life cycle models including Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban methodologies
- Expertise with program management, analysis and reporting tools including Jira/Confluence and Smartsheet
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, across all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects or programs
- Experience in digital consumer products and platforms preferred
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.