Data Scientist, Primary Research (Disney Streaming Services)
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 762543BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 22, 2020
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
The Disney Streaming Services Customer Modeling team is looking for a data driven, curious and motivated research scientist to work on customer-focused primary research projects. This person should have experience writing surveys to a digital audience, analyzing results, and connecting results to first and third party data sources. The candidate will combine skills in survey design, experimental design and statistical analysis to create a deeper view of our audience with the goals of helping to grow retention and engagement.
- Create quantitative research and design surveys, considering behavioral data that is already available, to help us better understand audiences and based on stakeholder needs.
- Incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research when applicable.
- Review and approve survey programming to ensure critical data elements are in place for effective analysis.
- Ensure quality fielding, clean and format data, prepare summary statistics and cross tabulation analysis.
- Work with members of our Customer Modeling team to perform statistical analysis including audience segmentation, experimental design, significance testing, and regression modeling.
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to observe trends and highlight changes.
- 3+ years of professional experience in qualitative and/or quantitative survey research.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives, and ability to communicate opportunities and challenges to multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of statistics, testing methodologies, market segmentation theories and the analytics behind them and market research concepts and techniques.
- Experience in deploying, programming and/or writing surveys.
- Experience integrating user research into product, design and marketing practices.
- Strong presentation skills specifically speaking about research methodologies and findings.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in using SQL and statistical software packages such as R, Python, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Graduate degree in Marketing, Economics, or the Social Sciences
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.