Data ScientistApply NowApply Later Job ID oRXHffwu Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
Data scientists at Disney Streaming Services are the insights and modeling partners for the content, marketing, product, and engineering teams at Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. They use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. Scientists on the team build models, perform statistical analysis, and create visualizations to provide scalable, persistent capability that is iteratively improved through direct interaction with cross-functional business partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Modeling: Develop machine learning models for forecasting, opportunity sizing, and segmentation.
- Deep analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the service and content.
- Visualization of Complex Data sets: Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, and robust analytics leading to actionable insights communicated clearly and visually.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, data visualization, experimentation and data architecture.
WHAT TO BRING
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, and evaluating practical machine learning solutions to solve business problems
- 5+ years experience with statistical programming language (Python or R)
- 3+ years experience using SQL
- Deep understanding of machine learning concepts and statistical methods
- Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced degree, PhD or MS in an analytical field or equivalent experience
- Ability to convert modeling results into actionable insights
- A passion for data and technology
- Experience thinking strategically to interpret market and consumer information, preferably about a subscription service.
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Advanced degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.