Data Software Developer in Test - SDET
Seattle, Washington, United States; Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775540BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 16, 2021
Job Summary:Primary Location: Santa Monica
Alternate Locations: Seattle and NYC
At Disney, data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether it’s related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets. This data is deeply valuable and gives us insights into how we can continue improving our service for our users, advertisers and our content partners. Our data team is seeking a passionate Software Developer in Test who will be an outstanding addition to our Quality Team. As a Software Developer focused on test automation at Disney, you will develop scalable testing strategies, and build the tools and tests that improve the efficiency of the team and ensure the health of our product. You will mentor team members on how to contribute towards building and maintaining a robust and state of the art test automation harness. If you are someone who loves to identify and resolve quality issues, and thrives in a collaborative environment, then this is a great role for you!
- Partner with various product and engineering teams to define requirements and ensure testability.
- Build automated and reusable tests for backend components to improve quality and development velocity
- Introduce effective quality methodologies and improve existing test automation
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to catch recurring bugs
- Mentor QA Engineers on the team to ramp up on automation concepts and contribute towards expanding test coverage
- 4+ years’ experience as an SDET or SDE for quality assurance of backend services and ETL pipelines
- Strong programming skills in any one of the modern program languages such as Java, Python, or Scala
- Expert level experience with SQL to validate ETLs
- Strong experience in big data, e.g. Spark, Hadoop, or AWS big data tech stack
- Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, BDD frameworks such as Cucumber or similar tools
- Integration with CI tools such as Jenkins or Spinnaker
- Experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability and desire to technically mentor junior team members
- Strong communication and collaboration with product owners and software engineers to produce quality work
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.