Data Strategy Intern-New York, Summer 2020
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 744670BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 29, 2020
Job Summary:Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Direct-to-Consumer-and-International (DTCI) is Disney’s global, multiplatform media, product, technology, and distribution organization for world-class content. DTCI is comprised of Disney’s international media and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including all Disney networks outside of the US, the ESPN+ streaming service, the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. The DTCI Tech organization focuses on providing ground-breaking innovation and driving the strategic use and development of technology to power the DTCI business, deliver world-class products and experiences to consumers around the world. The Data Platform group within DTCI Tech, is charged with developing a consolidated data platform that supports DTCI business stakeholders with the means to access, activate and analyze all of Disney’s consumer data in a secure and compliant way.
Disney Direct-to-Consumer-International is seeking an intern to help product managers enable and deploy data strategies across the activation, identity, and compliance verticals within the Data Platform Product team. You will assist in providing coordination amongst internal and external stakeholders, building requirements, and supporting the product strategy across DTCI’s portfolio of media products. A successful candidate will actively assist product managers in working on the audience data curation and activation across DTCI, manage the suite of unique identifiers and subsequent identity management, and privacy compliance product offerings.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life...
- Assist in multi-phased Consent Management Platform (CMP) rollout while satisfying requirements for business needs, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance, and Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) framework
- Building and maintaining documentation of CMP framework
- Assist in formulating privacy compliance roadmap and gathering requirements in accordance with other evolving privacy legislation
- Collaborate with stakeholders for effective product and compliance requirement gathering
- Supporting product managers to design and shepherd custom integrations across multiple activation points
- Analyze ad serving and analytics data to ensure Disney identifiers are integrated correctly, and lead troubleshooting with ad products and data collection teams if necessary
- Work with product managers to generate product success stories and ROI analyses for internal stakeholders and advertisers
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for...
- Knowledgeable on digital advertising practices and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and deliver quality work on time
- Experience with ad-tech and ad-serving platforms
- Familiarity with the fragmented connected TV environment
- Knowledgeable on recent privacy regulations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and GDPR
- Experience with first and third party data (ex. Liveramp, Experian, device graphs, DMPs, CDPs)
- Knowledge of SQL, HTML
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2-August 21st, 2020.
Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in New York City.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.