Already applied?View Dashboard
Design Technologist (Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 572368BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jun. 26, 2018
Job Summary:ABC News Digital seeks a Design Technologist to work across the full suite of ABC News digital products (web, native apps, OTT), including newly-launched product and content partnerships with leading social and video brands. As Design Technologist, you will join a team with the mandate to design and develop new products and features, build functional prototypes, and participate in the front-end development process.
The ABC News Digital product development team is responsible for building the next generation of news experiences for all digital platforms. As a member of this team, you will work with engineers, designers, business development, sales, marketing, editorial and external partners to design news and non-fiction products. You will monitor trends and news in the digital space, work with product managers to gather feedback from users, and strive to improve the user experience of ABC News’ digital offerings.
This is a project position and is anticipated to last one year.
- Enforce consistent and excellent UI/UX Design best-practices across multiple digital platforms
- Create end-to-end design experiences, interaction models, and UI conventions that define the ABC News product/design experience
- Manage scoping/level of effort calculations regarding product design assignments
- Work with product managers, developers, and engineers to implement designs into technology
- Be an expert in digital content development trends
- Work closely with a team of Product Managers to ensure successful delivery of projects/products that align with business objectives, product goals and users’ needs.
- 3+ years of product, UI, and/or UX design experience with web and/or native app interfaces
- Impeccable design sense and a keen eye for detail as it relates to creating digital products
- Fluency in HTML/CSS + at least one leading JS framework
- Fluency with the Sketch or Figma
- Personality suited to handle significant responsibility and deadlines under pressure
- Passion for the Media industry
- Accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction oversight
- Previous experience in a media and editorial-driven environment
- Previous start-up experience and/or work in a social media product space
- Previous experience working with an A/B testing program
- Education: BS/BA or equivalent
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.