New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775638BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 04, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an environment for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team to help build a world class live media streaming platform that spans the globe.
The Instrumentation Engineering team, which is responsible for global platform monitoring, metrics & alerting is hiring. We are looking for Jr/Mid Level candidate with a keen interest in monitoring, metrics and how they power the Disney+ platform.
Infrastructure engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining our on-premise logging and telemetry infrastructure while also providing support for our internal infrastructure, operations, and development teams. The Infrastructure engineer should have an intimate knowledge with logging platforms and time series databases as well as a firm understanding of core networking concepts, hardware and virtualization, automation, programming and scripting. Experience will full stack development a plus.
Candidates should ideally have 2 years of experience in the field.
If you think you can apply your skillset to some, or all of the following, we would love the opportunity to speak with you!
- You will be working primarily as a development engineer with some linux system management
- Work with the team to develop and maintain applications and services that make up the IE platform
- Monitor existing systems to ensure performance integrity
- Prioritize workloads to align with the needs of development & launch cycles
- Tackle ad-hoc operational tasks on a day-to-day basis
- Improve automation workflows
- Be able to perform independently as well as collaboratively with the team as well as other teams within the organization
- Manage & maintain DBMS such as kafka, influxdb, Cassandra
- Most of all, be excited to help build & grow the industry leading global streaming services powered by DSS
- Experience with Enterprise linux
- Experience with Elasticsearch, open source or enterprise
- Experience with logstash or filebeats
- Experience with time series databases and metric collection, influxdb a plus
- Understanding of log filtering and data parsing
- Experience with API management and crud
- Familiarity with sql or nosql databases
- Experience with kafka or other event streaming platforms
- Experience with ansible or other automation suites
- Knowledgeable with basic networking concepts (DNS, HTTP/S, IPv4/6)
- Comfortable with bash and python, C++, rust & golang is a plus
- Familiar with building dashboard and visualizations within kibana, grafana or equivalent
- Experience with containerization, k8s a plus
- Experience working with modern version control (git)
- Experience working with project tracking applications (jira)
- Solid understanding of data structures & algorithims
- Previous DBA experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
- Ability to work independently with external teams a must
- Exposure to streaming media technical practices a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.