New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 687227BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted 02/07/2019
We need people who can take a goal/responsibility – e.g. ‘improving Marvel Entertainment digital infrastructure…’ – and run with it. That means clarifying the goal, knowing if they can fulfill that goal, seeing and diagnosing obstacles in the way of that goal, creating a plan, and executing towards success. When there are areas of ambiguity or risk that need attention from superiors, Sr. DevOps Engineer needs to drive those conversations instead of expecting direction from above.
We want thoughtful experienced professionals that are sharp, perceptive, and use common sense which are more important than pyrotechnic analytic ability.
- Own availability, scalability, performance and efficiency for the team's services include day-to-day operations as well as projectized activities
- 1st point of contact for in-house development team to accommodate requests
- Support of web and mobile applications maintaining uptime while fielding escalations as part of on-call rotation
- Responsible for the architecture, deployment, and support of a CI/CD strategy for the Digital Media and Interactive teams
- Ability to clearly communicate with the technology team and to non-technical members of the organization
- Establish strategies in log analytics for operational efficiency and security analytics
- Ability to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical members of the organization
- Mentor junior colleagues and encourage their growth and knowledge of infrastructure
- Candidates should have at 5+ years of IT experience
- Extensive experience managing Linux application servers (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience with fluid virtual infrastructures RackSpace (dedicated & cloud), VMware, AWS, OpenStack, Azure.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of LAMP stack. Scripting and programming languages (PHP, Python, PowerShell etc.)
- Solid understanding of networking, storage and sysadmin best practices
- Working experience with SVN/GIT alongside Agile development processes
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests
- Strong security mindset when designing and building environment
- Team player with strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Experienced with CI/CD, tools (Jenkins, GITLab etc.) and containerization/orchestration tools (docker/kubernetes).
- Hands-on experience with F5 LTM, CDN (LimeLight, Akamai etc.) and WAF (F5, Imperva etc.)
- Track record of delivering hardened, fault-tolerant, high-availability designs
- Experienced securing mission critical assets (security hardening, priviledge access management and vulnerability management etc.)
- Proficient in APM tool (New Relic, Dynatrace etc.)
- Lazy enough to automate tasks, smart enough to document them well (L7 diagrams)
- Cool-headed in a crisis and instill confidence in those around you while solving problems
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.