Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital Analyst - Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Now Apply Later Job ID 646055BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Mar. 08, 2019
Job Summary:Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for company-wide budgeting, quarterly and annual earnings and cash flow forecasting, long-term planning, monitoring and assessment of segment/business unit operating performance, assessing the financial impact of key business decisions and alternatives, and various special projects aimed at improving the financial performance of the company. The group is also charged with developing presentations to senior management of Marvel and The Walt Disney Company regarding Marvel’s financial performance.
Marvel FP&A is seeking a Digital Analyst to lead financial planning and strategically partner with the head of Marvel New Media
Responsibilities:- Prepare forecasts, Annual Operating Plans and Five Year Plans
- Identify and evaluate digital and new business initiatives across multiple media segments
- Prepare valuation analyses and develop forecast models
- Liaise with product, content and sales teams to develop financial and strategic plans
- Present budgets and financial results to senior leadership across multiple lines of business
- Analysis of monthly performance updates, financial modeling (new creations and improvements), historical financial data maintenance and valuation
- Create and monitor KPIs
Basic Qualifications:- Strong modeling skills in Excel required
- Bachelor’s degree required (Preferably in Finance or equivalent)
- MBA a plus
- 5+ years of progressive experience in financial planning, strategic planning, and/or corporate finance
- Strong business point of view as well as analytic chops
- Comfort making strategic business cases for their analytical POV
- Background in the digital media and entertainment industry is a plus
- Banking or consulting background a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess a proven ability to build relationships
- Must demonstrate a strong business and financial acumen.
- Qualified candidates must be inquisitive and solve problems creatively
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and be an excellent team player
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to deal with shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of accounting principles a plus
Required Education- Bachelor’s degree required (Preferably in Finance or equivalent)
Preferred Education- MBA a plus
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.