Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 604978BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Nov. 02, 2018
Job Summary:The View is hiring a key member of the show’s social/digital team, helping to maintain best practices that grow and engage our audience on all platforms. The coordinator position manages and creates content for The View’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube platforms, oversees the process of selecting social content to be featured in the show, and has the opportunity to possibly write content on abcnews.com.
- Oversee process of integrating viewer comments into the live show — including writing and posting calls-to-action to tease topics and selecting/editing/vetting social posts to appear on-air
- Log the live show to highlight notable moments and quotes for future social posts
- Assist digital team in cutting short form video and writing corresponding captions for social posts — as well as proofing other team member’s language
- Build and send a daily email to national news, political and lifestyle press outlets with notable moments from the show
- Manage the show’s YouTube channel, adding ad tags, descriptions, and building playlists
- Collaborate with ABC News digital to provide daily content from the show for placement on ABC News site — including writing breakout stories on news-making moments from The View and notes, quotes, and photos to other writers working
- Write headlines and descriptions for The View’s videos on abcnews.com and process the video-on-demand requests.
- 1-2 years of social media/digital media experience is required, including managing social media accounts for a national brand (control room experience is a plus)
- Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to make editorial judgments as well as an overall understanding of news programs.
- Comfortable working closely with high profile talent
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.