Digital, Interactive, and New Media ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 957449BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Apr. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Provide soup-to-nuts support to the lawyers working on Marvel’s video games, apps, podcasts, short-form digital video content, IT needs, and other digital and new media endeavors
- Review high volume of advertising and marketing creative to ensure legal compliance, including ensuring compliant advertising/sponsorship disclosures
- Review pre-release digital video content for legal compliance
- Route legal feedback to stakeholders within Marvel business units (including Digital Media, Games, Consumer Products, Television, et al.), across The Walt
- Draft, manage, and maintain templates for agreements, amendments and statements of work
- Prepare non-disclosure agreements for various Marvel business units
- Perform document tracking, including maintenance of charts of executed agreements to ensure legal compliance (e.g., exclusivity provisions, expiration dates, renewals, etc.)
- Route, coordinate and obtain all necessary approvals and signatures for execution of various agreements
- Oversee trademark clearance and registration requests
- Track and file production paperwork for ongoing original content series and other digital audio and audiovisual projects
- Assist with other tasks and projects on an as-needed basis
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well with others as well as independently
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize information and communicate effectively to both legal and non-legal audiences
- Interest in the practice of law and in-house transactional work
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent research skills; resourceful
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle and follow through on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, DocuSign, Workshare Compare
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date on the digital ecosystem, social media services, Web2 and Web3 applications
- Passion for Marvel and Marvel’s digital products and services a huge plus
- BA/BS from top-tier school or top academic performance required
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Additional Information:Please submit both cover letter and resume
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.