Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Digital Media/Digital Comic Sales InternApply NowApply Later Job ID 10039393 Location New York, United States / Remote, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jan. 24, 2023
This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Marvel Digital Media exists to amplify all that Marvel is and to evolve it into all else it can be. Today that consists of segments in digital advertising, subscriptions, digital media productions and the portfolio of direct-to-consumer marketing services to support the rest of Marvel lines of business.
We are looking for a Digital Media/Digital Comics Sales Intern to support the Marvel Digital Media and Marvel Digital Comic Sales teams. This role will gain exposure into digital comic operations through various weekly tasks while assisting the teams with critical projects.
The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and comfortable multi-tasking and taking initiative. This role will interface with many teams across the business, including Marketing, Publishing, and Product.
· Digital Comic Sales Operations
o Coordinate the creation and delivery of digital products across multiple vendors
o Execute digital sales opportunities through marketing and promotions for Marvel’s various digital comic platforms including:
§ Comixology and Marvel Comics App
§ Third party platforms (Kindle, Books on Google Play, Nook, iBook Store, etc)
§ Digital Comics library services
· Customer Experience
o Respond to app reviews to improve customer experience with Marvel Unlimited app
o Assist with Customer Support reporting to inform improvements to the Customer Support channel
o Assist with updates within the Customer Support platform (Zendesk) to increase efficiency of Customer Support team
o Generate and manage digital comic redeem codes for use within Customer Support
o Update the weekly marketing tracker
· Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed
· Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
· Comfort with learning new systems and software
· Exceptional organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail.
· Strong communication and writing skills, comfortable communicating across all levels.
· A fan of Marvel, and lover of comics is a plus.
Students of all majors, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Experience in narrative-based media is preferred, and editorial experience is desirable. Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite is a must.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program by arrival date
- Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program student status by arrival date is preferred
The pay rate for this internship in New York is $15 per hour.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must be available from January 2023 through June 2023
- All candidates must be available to work a minimum of 21-29 hours per week during a Monday through Friday schedule during business hours (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor)
- All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session
- This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection, as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Universe Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Universe Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.