Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital News AssociateApply Now Apply Later Job ID 604589BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Oct. 31, 2018
Job Summary:ABC News is looking for a Digital News Associate.
- Administrative and organizational responsibilities in support of WN Senior Producers and production staff.
- Excellent research and editorial skills required. Ability to work under deadline pressure and prioritize duties critical.
- Prior journalism and/or production experience preferred. Social media experience and a keen interest in writing/reporting also preferred.
- Flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Minimum 1 year working in a newsroom or similar environment
- Demonstrated ability to do rough cut editing
- Strong editorial skills necessary.
- Must be available to work flexible hours and perform duties under deadline.
- Non-Technical Skills: Strong organizational skills, able to meet deadlines, attention to detail, work well under pressure
- 2 or more years working in a newsroom or similar environment
- Strong interest in the editorial process highly desirable, as is the ability to generate original story ideas.
- Ability to edit packages on Avid
- BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.