Digital Reporter (Good Morning America)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 724716BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
We are looking for someone with a passion for entertainment, TV/movies, books, and pop culture, who is tapped into social media trends and the social conversations around celebrities and the industry.
Candidates must have experience as a digital writer/reporter creating stories that engage a mobile millennial audience, be able to handle breaking entertainment news, write articles complementary broadcast interviews, and interview celebrities. The ability and desire to tap into the deeper social issues at the core of these stories is also crucial. This reporter will be expected to conceive, pitch, report and write shareable stories that engage the GMA digital audience daily basis, enterprise original future assignments, and work on special events coverage, including all major awards shows and GMA Digital’s Oscars coverage.
We are looking for someone with impeccable editorial judgment, storytelling abilities and an authentic voice, who can meet daily deadlines and juggle multiple assignments in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
This role works collaboratively with the GMA Digital video and social teams to create complete multi-media packages that live across all of our platforms.
- Conceive, pitch, report and write stories that engage the GMA digital audience on a daily basis.
- Closely monitor and cover entertainment, industry trends and social media conversation around entertainment and culture.
- Write articles about guests / segments on Good Morning America's broadcast.
- Execute special coverage for special events, including covering 2020 Oscars, awards shows, and special projects, including off-hours awards show coverage
- Optimize content for SEO and different platforms.
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing for an online media brand in a fast-paced news environment meeting daily deadlines.
- Strong digital writing skills with experience in entertainment news.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and planning skills with an impeccable attention to detail.
- A willingness to work collaboratively with members of the GMA team and take direction on all editorial decisions.
- A developed network of sources.
- Adherence to the highest standards of journalism.
- Strong familiarity of SEO practices preferred and a deep knowledge of what content performs well for a lifestyle brand.
- Entertainment background; Working knowledge of social discovery tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Additional Information:This is not an on air position.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.