Digital Sales PlannerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 728948BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
The Digital Sales Planner is responsible for generating and communicating sales proposals for presentation to advertising agencies and/or clients. This position follows through on all aspects of digital sales and campaign management, including developing the proposals, completing necessary paperwork, implementing campaigns, and working with the various internal groups to optimize their campaigns to ensure they deliver and bill in full. Digital Sales Planners must be able to become experts on the pre-, mid- and post-sale processes to communicate effectively with various teams across the ABC OTV organization. They must build and maintain relationships resulting in superior customer service on each assigned account
- Create strategic digital plans that maximize digital revenue and meet client objectives. Work in partnership with the Sales teams to develop, price, and prepare multi-platform digital packages that incorporate ABC OTV properties and, in some case, ABC Entertainment & News properties.
- Utilize inventory tools to assess site sell-through and forecast future demand accurately to prepare plans that meet the needs of the client within the constraints of site traffic and product availability. Partner with the ABC OTV Inventory team to understand current inventory trends.
- Be an educational resource for Sales on what can be sold digitally and make appropriate suggestions to meet client KPIs
- Understand not only ABC Owned Television sites and products, but also social, native, audience targeting, DAR and reach extension to put together media plans customized to each client.
- Monitor queue and book digital orders in O1 accurately and efficiently.
- Work closely with and communicate directly with client/agency contacts for general account support and campaign assistance.
- Serve as primary liaison between clients and Ad Operations to ensure campaigns launch on time and deliver in full by actively overseeing delivery and revising or optimizing plans as necessary to exceed client expectations.
- Complete necessary paperwork s through internal and external channels
- Update PowerPoint packages and product one sheets as necessary
- Minimum 1 year of experience in strategic planning (with an agency or publisher) or digital ad sales
- Understanding of the basics of digital advertising with a functional knowledge of digital ad products
- Working knowledge of Media Math
- Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage time and prioritize deliverables
- Ability to manage client expectations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with and knowledge of the terminology and mechanics of the online advertising industry
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities for internal and external relationship management
- Solutions-oriented customer service focus that emphasizes driving sales
- Self-motivated to work independently while still being an active part of the larger team
- Hands on Operative One and/or Salesforce experience
- Digital planning, sales or campaign management experience a plus
- Proficiency with digital ad servers and other digital media tools, such as Google Ad Manager, (DFP), Yieldex, Atlas, Omniture, ComScore
- Experience using Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings
- Basic knowledge of TV/digital ad measurement
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.