Director, Ad Sales ResearchApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725529BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 08, 2020
The Director, Ad Sales Research will be expected to apply their industry expertise in media around forecasting and knowledge of both linear and digital research to help guide ad sales in making actionable business decisions. This role will help the Walt Disney Company improve transparency and focus on performance reporting and innovation relative to business goals. A key responsibility will be to create, organize and maintain multiple performance reports across all genres and platforms in a straight forward format which will be delivered to senior management across all relevant departments.
- Manage relationships between ad sales research and network teams across Disney, ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX, NatGeo and Syndication.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the digital forecasting team as they build out models and work toward incorporating all additional Disney owned nets into one system.
- Work with team of two managers and one analyst to create best practices in communicating performance tracking against budgeted audience goals across each network.
- Support regular and ad-hoc asks throughout the year for VP and Senior Management. Asks will be related to performance metrics and your contribution and expert guidance will be relied upon as it relates to system consolidation efforts
- A minimum of 10+ years of media/market research experience with a strong focus in advertising research across linear and digital platforms
- Experience with tools including Nielsen TV ratings products, MRI / Simmons, Adobe / Omniture Sitecatalyst, Nielsen Monitor-Plus, SMI, comScore and various social media measurement sources
- Ability to manage multiple team members’ day-to-day workflow and clearly lay out expectations related to forecasting performance metrics and current/future analysis effecting business decisions
- Strong time management and organizational skills, and excellent written and oral communications skills
- Computer experience with vendor based software, as well as Windows-based PC software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word); proficiency in Tableau, Qualtrics and/or SPSS is a plus
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field (or other college degree with relevant work experience)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.