Director Business Intelligence, Disney Ad Sales
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 737213BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 04, 2020
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI), Finance Ad Sales business is part of a larger company segment that has a primary mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. With the combination of traditional ad supported platforms and the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu, DTCI is providing cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands.
The DTCI Ad Sales Finance, Portfolio Analytics Team is seeking a Director of Business Intelligence. The Portfolio Analytics team has a focus on revenue analytics and consolidation across all linear and digital Disney properties. Its main responsibilities include Broadcast Upfront analysis and reporting, weekly ad sales activity, Target pacing and tracking to budget (holding co/ agency/ advertiser and vertical reporting), revenue optimization and working with IT on oversight of all ad sales reporting tools. Ongoing IT project oversight will include coverage on data warehouse, unified sales system build out, BI Tools and enhancement of existing tools (Saleshub, etc) for linking of data tables. The director will be responsible for maintaining and developing tools across the various DTCI tech stacks and managing the progress of data warehouse alignment. The role will entail development and testing of various reports and output. He/ She will have exposure and working knowledge of all DTCI properties and will help develop reports based on parameters and feedback from senior management. This role will require the ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with Ad Sales Finance, Revenue & Yield Management, and the Sales teams. A successful candidate will preferably have an understanding of media ad sales pricing & planning, analytics, ad sales finance and a heavy working knowledge of many industry leading BI Tools.
- Manage business intelligence development, overseeing the build-out of data warehouses and analytics systems integrating all Broadcast, Cable, Sports linear systems as well as manage Tableau reporting with integrations from Operative and Google Ad Manager and Ad-Juster covering all Digital/Addressable Properties
- Develop and design reports for use in sales activity and revenue analytics models for Finance, Sales and business partners
- Spearhead projects as designed by Portfolio Analytics lead to elevate data, maximize revenue and support optimization strategies
- Responsible for communication of project deliverables and development roadmap to all areas of Finance Ad Sales Team Leads
- Provide insights and recommendations for development and connectivity of complimentary competitive marketplace tools (SMI, iSpotTV, Lake 5, etc)
- Become a subject matter expert on all of the DTCI Ad Sales system platforms and the underlying data tables and be able to align the tables to create unified portfolio output. Have an in depth understanding of all dimensions and measures in the data glossary for use in the various BI System Tools and ensuing ad sales finance and analytics output
- Make recommendation for best in class unified BI Tools and manage the track to consolidate current tech stack
- Partner with Ad Sales Finance and Revenue & Yield Management for guidance into consolidated metric reporting
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Ad Sales Finance, Revenue Yield Management or Ad Sales IT with comprehensive understanding of all ad sales metrics and data
- Preferred candidate will have working knowledge and/or proficiency in systems such as Salesforce, SAP, FreeWheel, Advisor, Google Ad Manager, Operative, Ad-Juster, Microstrategies, Business Objects, Tableau, Adobe Analytics / Report Builder, DoubleClick, Oracle, SQL, MS Office, etc
- Must have very strong Word, Excel (vlookups, macros, sumifs, vba, etc.) and PowerPoint skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a hands-on team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Data Science, Business or Technology
- MBA, Masters or Certificate Degrees in Advanced Technologies is preferred but not required
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.