Director, Communications – DMED Shared Services Streaming TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 776995BR Location New York, New York, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
The Disney Media and Entertainment (DMED) Communications team is seeking a Director of Communications to join the Direct-to-Consumer team, focused on Disney+ and Hulu.
This position will report to the VP of Communications, Disney+ and Hulu, based in New York. The Director, based in New York, Los Angeles, or San Francisco, will lead strategic communications for the four-key cross-business teams supporting the streaming platforms, including Data and Analytics, Product and Design, Technology, and Viewer Experience.
This role will involve partnering closely with executive technical leadership at the company; where this individual will be responsible for developing and leading world-class communications efforts dedicated to showcasing Disney+ and Hulu leadership in product, technology, and data, as well help position The Walt Disney Company as a leader in streaming video technology.
The individual will lead a small team of communications professionals to oversee the execution of a range of high-impact communications programs.
The ideal candidate has strong media relationships across tech, business, and consumer publications; deep executive communications experience; and proven ability to partner collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and develop technology narratives and execute high-impact communications programs.
The right person for this role is deeply familiar with, and has a passion for technology and entertainment, is an expert storyteller and a strong writer.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan that supports the organization's vision and goals and long-term strategy for Disney+ and Hulu product, tech, and data innovation.
- Partner closely with the technology, product, data science and viewer experience executive leadership to develop and manage strategic communications programs.
- Lead cross-functional crisis communications action teams during incidents, including technical outages and disruptions.
- Lead the development of messaging, press materials and blog posts around our DTC technology platforms.
- Establish and track against clear communications KPIs and goals.
- Manage the Disney Streaming technology blog; provide expert counsel on key stories and areas of differentiation, develop, produce (as needed) and edit content for the blog.
- Develop thought leadership platforms for Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer cross-functional executives.
- Manage technical speaking and awards programs, updating and tracking key events, pitching speakers and securing speaking engagements that elevates Disney technology leaders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with press, bloggers and influencers in the technology space.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in technical communications at a high growth technology, product, or direct-to-consumer business
- Experience with media relationships across tech, business, and consumer publications
- Great mix of technical knowledge, technical writing skills and creativity.
- Experience with cross-functional leadership
- Experience working with C-level technology executives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks, innate sense of urgency and ability to manage up to executives.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.