Director, CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 851797BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 30, 2021
- Able to simplify, synthetize and communicate complex strategies, insights, initiatives and programs to the marketplace
- Able to follow marketplace trends in the adtech space to develop proactive story ideas as it relates to DAS
- Able to lead brainstorming sessions as the need and situations demand
- Able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of executives and cross-divisional department teams
- Able to perform at a high level, even when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with ambiguity or difficult challenges
- Willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best possible outcomes
- Able to work with data and create solutions
- Able to travel based on business needs
- 11+ years’ experience in the Streaming TV and digital media space with a deep understanding of automated and addressable-led marketing solutions
- Corporate communications, PR, journalism or equivalent experience, including experience leading teams
- Creativity, diplomacy, and ability to juggle heavy volume of diverse projects, including both strategic and tactical assignments
- Strong verbal and writing skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively and rapidly deliver information in a complex, multi-business global company
- Oversee development and distribution of press materials, key messages, Q&A documents
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, online influencers and key internal stakeholders
- Respond to media inquiries and act as company spokesperson as required
- Communicate regular media and issues updates to senior management
- High School Diploma, its equivalent or comparable professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.