Already applied?View Dashboard
Director CopywriterApply Now Apply Later Job ID 699036BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 03, 2019
Our mission is to deliver the best streaming experience possible, and writing is essential to that. We’re looking for someone to head our direct-to-consumer messaging and copywriting department and hone our messaging effort in product development and marketing initiatives. This position will lead a versatile team of writers working across marketing, branding, UX, technical documentation and more—everywhere Disney+ and ESPN+ content is consumed. The Director of Copywriting will develop and execute our business strategy to create best in class experiences for our subscribers, and be an active partner in growing our teams internationally.
- Understand, evaluate, and implement business objectives across the changing and complex landscape of direct-to-consumer products in the entertainment space.
- Build executive alignment around our messaging strategy in close collaboration with Product, Marketing, and Business leadership.
- Develop and present strategies to executive leadership.
- Ensure that our messaging and copy stands out next to our competition and differentiates our offering as the best expression of our brand.
- Innovate with state of the art technology to ensure execution of messaging strategies flawlessly and economically.
- Understand and utilize data and testing to optimize copy and ensure the highest probability of messaging success.
- Understand similarities and discrepancies in business objectives for Disney+ and ESPN+ to guide our subscribers through our experiences.
- Build and manage a team, with staff embedded in product and marketing teams, and set it up to succeed on a domestic and global level.
- Strategically lead, develop, and maintain the distinctive brand voices for ESPN+ and Disney+ with a strong understanding of each brand’s positioning and filters.
- Develop and lead fresh and engaging ways to connect with our customers through the voice of our brands across multiple channels.
- Know the market and be inspired, develop new ideas, and be a strong partner in the creative process.
- Work cross-functionally with creative team, product marketing, e-commerce, and international to ensure development of strategic brand positioning for all products and campaigns.
- Act as copy leader on corporate strategies and initiatives with a consistent, distinct, and creative voice.
- Provide visionary, inspirational, and strategic direction for UX and brand copy and messaging initiatives.
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and exercise quality control on all copy, providing direction and support to domestic and international copywriting staff and consultants
- You are an experienced executive leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You love working at the intersection of Product and Marketing, understanding the user touch points along the way.
- You enjoy evaluating complex challenges and finding solutions using technology and organization.
- You are experienced in understanding and forecasting resource needs, and in developing organizational solutions.
- You are proficient presenting projects to executive teams.
- You care deeply about building our brand and product experience.
- You have experience with strategic responsibility for the verbal identity of multiple brands across all customer-facing channels of communication.
- You have a proven ability to convey brand identity through copy: written, online, print, and interactive marketing channels.
- You are an expert at strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief creation and creative execution.
- You have an innate ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands.
- You have a proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- You are a true collaborator, can navigate and drive consensus in a highly matrixed environment while building cross-functional relationships (both internal and external).
- You have an integrated marketing background and are a conceptual thinker who can tell a brand story, keeping the product experience in mind along the way
- You have a strong understanding of brand positioning and strategy.
- You have experience developing strategic campaigns through creative, innovative copy across application experiences and marketing channels.
- You have 10+ years of copywriting and leadership experience, ideally in the entertainment industry.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.