Director, Corporate Communications (Advertising)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 7118745720220403 Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
DIRECTOR CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS – COMMERCIALIZATION & REVENUE (ADVERTISING)
DISNEY MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT DISTRIBUTION (DMED)
About Disney Advertising:
Disney Advertising is responsible for advertising sales and integrated marketing for The Walt Disney Company’s entertainment and sports offerings through linear, digital, social, audio and ad-supported streaming businesses. This includes ABC, ABC News, Disney+, Disney Channels Worldwide, Disney Digital, ESPN Networks, ESPN+, Freeform, FX, National Geographic, Hulu, and its eight ABC-owned local stations.
About Disney AdSales Corporate Communications Team:
The Corporate Communications & Strategy team oversees communications strategy, operations and business development for the AdSales division. It is responsible for charting holistic, multi-platform communications tactics supported by operational research and insights and marketplace strategy capabilities. The group works hand-in-hand with sales, content and digital leaders – along with the respective communications and business teams across the entire Disney portfolio – to drive growth and lead generation across all screens.
About the Position:
The Disney Advertising Sales team is seeking a Corporate Communications Director to develop and lead public relations strategies to drive business results, including media relations, internal communications, speaking engagements, thought leadership initiatives, awards and more. Through effective storytelling and partnerships with key clients and internal stakeholders, this individual will position Disney Advertising as a leader in the marketplace and elevate its innovative capabilities and solutions. This individual will demonstrate a strong understanding of corporate communications and experience working with senior executives and cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will embrace opportunities to take on greater responsibilities and grow in the role. They will also be available to travel, work nights and weekends at various publicity events and conferences.
This position is based in New York and will report to the head of communications for Disney Advertising, have two direct reports and work closely with the larger Communications team.
We are searching for a dynamic and passionate professional with an exceptional track record in communications, media relations and marketing. This individual will have a minimum of 12 years of experience, ideally with significant tenure handling communications for the revenue & advertising industry. This individual will have a demonstrated ability to serve as a strategist in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong media contacts and relationships with key trade and business journalists;
- Possess a clear knowledge of business communications and deep knowledge of journalism;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as solid problem solving, strategic and analytic skills;
- Professional demeanor, with the ability to interact with multiple constituencies and juggle many projects at any given time;
- Track record of working comfortably and communicating effectively with senior level executives as well as key members of the journalism community;
- Able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of executives and cross-divisional department teams
- Able to perform at a high level, even when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with ambiguity or difficult challenges
- Willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best possible outcomes
- Able to work with data and create solutions
Education, Skills & Capabilities:
- Corporate communications, PR, journalism or equivalent experience, including experience leading teams
- Creativity, diplomacy, and ability to juggle heavy volume of diverse projects, including both strategic and tactical assignments
- Strong verbal and writing skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively and rapidly deliver information in a complex, multi-business global company
- Oversee development and distribution of press materials, key messages, Q&A documents
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, online influencers and key internal stakeholders
- Respond to media inquiries and act as company spokesperson as required
- Communicate regular media and issues updates to senior management
- High School Diploma, its equivalent or comparable professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field
Location: New York, New York or Santa Monica, CA
Job Posting Company: The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.