Director Customer Experience OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 701928BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 12, 2019
We are seeking a seasoned, globally experienced director for the position of Director, Customer Experience Operations. Working within the Disney Streaming Services team and reporting to the SVP of Business Operations, this individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the entire Disney DTC service team, the broader Disney Streaming Services team, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company. The Director, Customer Experience Operations will partner with the Customer Experience delivery group and will be accountable for ensuring the delivery of Continuous Improvement programs, a Tools and Technology roadmap, effective self-service channel management, program Management, and insightful data Analytics to drive the continuous improvement agenda across both Disney+ and ESPN+. The candidate will have over 10 years of experience in global customer service organizations, ideally with also program and/or product management experience on digital products across multiple regions and in multiple languages. The ideal candidate will have experience in comparable positions leading Customer Service for similar organizations in consumer digital tech and/or streaming media, as well as an educational and/or professional training background that demonstrates commitment to excellence.
- Lead the Global Customer Experience Operations team for Disney Streaming Services, working across the organization to help ensure the enablement and smooth operation of our customer service delivery teams, including the following areas:
- Continuous Improvement across all of our Products and Tools, working with Data, Product, and Marketing teams to relentlessly streamline our Product and reduce customer and agent friction
- Data Reporting across all regions and products, providing insights and tracking against operational and business KPIs
- Driving the roadmap for Servicing Tools and Technology used by our service agents and escalation managers and ensuring user need and requirements are being met
- Development and delivery of the self-service contact channels, including the development of content and capabilities.
- Providing critical planning input and product documentation to our training teams
- Program Management and Process Improvement across the Customer Experience Operations Team
- Build effective working relationships with the Disney DTC Marketing and ESPN Marketing, Product and Platform teams to create high levels of visibility into Customer Issues and opportunities for improvement
- Create tools, reports, and processes to effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders and relentlessly improve our product, communication, and ways of working
- Execute and deliver in a highly matrixed and distributed environment
- Track record that shows you’re ready to excel in meeting the extraordinary challenges of this role (10+ years in roles leading Customer Service in technical, consumer facing environments with a digital marketing focus)
- Teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- Leadership that builds teams, relationships, and credibility as a trusted partner and doer
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to senior executives on strategies, goals, and status across all regions
- Strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem
- Expert knowledge of Customer Service in a high-tech environment to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitate development of complex solutions
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences across regions, cultures, and business verticals
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, scheduling and organization skills
- Ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- Understanding of the media or entertainment space and technologies, and common issues or challenges facing customers
- MA in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.