Director, Data ActivationApply NowApply Later Job ID 829497BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 22, 2021
Reporting into the Vice President, Audience Modeling and Data Science for Disney Advertising Sales, the Director, Data Activation will lead a team focused on driving data enabled revenue.
- Identify requirements, prioritize, communicate, and direct fulfillment of consumer data-related needs of the DMED business, with particular focus on representing TWDC Ad Sales.
- Drive data enabled revenue with an emphasis on Disney Select across the portfolio
- Provide leadership and consulting to colleagues in TWDC Advertising Sales to achieve ad client objectives using 1P, 2P, and 3P consumer data, participating in client and sales-facing meetings and working sessions as needed.
- Translate consumer-related business problems and develop into appropriate analytical and data science-driven solutions. In turn, communicate complex solutions in a clear and actionable manner for the business and/or ad clients.
- Drive prioritization of managed consumer reporting, self-service analytics needs, and consumer model development across business stakeholders including representatives from DMED Planning and Sales Strategy, DMED Marketing & Consumer Engagement, ESPN Global Fan & Media Intelligence, and Disney & ESPN Affiliate Sales & Marketing. Partner with DMED Technology partners on the data and tools required to fulfill business needs.
- Lead a data activation team that defines consumer data solutions requirements with Technology partners and leverages customer data to produce analysis and build viable solutions that can be operationalized for ongoing business application.
- Establish an ongoing program to test and refine audience segment use and performance within and across categories.
- Collaborate with consumer data professionals across the TWDC enterprise (ad sales, distribution/subscription, marketing, CRM, and research) to identify and pursue a synergistic approach to tackling shared or related use cases such as: advanced audience targeting, campaign performance measurement, marketing optimization, and direct/traditional subscriber acquisition and retention.
- Represent the needs of TWDC Ad Sales to synchronize and direct efforts to improve existing capabilities or source external partners required for consumer data use cases with a heavy focus toward driving revenue tied to data enabled advertising.
- Work with DMED Technology partners to shape and establish a strategic consumer data platform that will support current and future business objectives related to consumer data. In parallel, fulfill short-term business objectives by partnering with the appropriate internal and external technology and data partners.
- Champion data-driven decisions/culture across the organization, in partnership with our state of the art and best in class data science team.
- Leverage robust first-party TWDC user data, engagement and behavioral data, as well as third party data to yield key insights and ongoing measures of advertising effectiveness.
- Prior experience as a leader within a consumer data and or/advertising organization, preferably within the media or technology space
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team, particularly leadership of newly formed teams and of data resources
- Experience developing and utilizing advertising solutions using consumer / audience data in a client facing capacity
- Deep expertise in addressable data-driven targeted ad sales with fluency in marketing and campaign KPIs and measurement approaches and working familiarity with big data and data science technologies and tools
- 5+ years of programmatic sales experience
- Effective leadership skills, able to develop staff whilst ensuring high levels of performance
- Proven ability to collaborate, build consensus and navigate complex environments
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to see ahead to future possibilities outside current norms and translate them into breakthrough strategies
- Exceptional communication skills, including public speaking and facilitation
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business, marketing and/or a quantitative field such as computer science, applied math, applied economics, Physics etc.
- Master’s / MBA or congruent experience preferred.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.