Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Data ArchitectureApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687241BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 05, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+ services. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Network Engineering team, you would be responsible for maintaining and improving the global infrastructure necessary to support the company's streaming media platform.
The Director will work closely across Data Science and Analytics teams to solve data challenges, as we grow and scale our global business data infrastructure. They will use their deep understanding of data architecture to partner with the Data, Product, and Engineering teams to help lead complex multi-disciplinary projects that will continually improve the data technology landscape including data modeling, lineage, ensuring data quality and regulatory compliance. They will lead a team that combines a diverse set of skills - software engineering, architecture, data science and business - to drive various initiatives to make our data solutions scalable and easy to adopt.
The Director, Data Architecture will also serve as part of the Data Science and Analytics thought leadership for the successful deployment of central data infrastructure and tools.
- Be a subject matter expert in technical discussions and have strategic influence
- Define the short and long-term strategies for data management to ensure effective delivery of data that meets current and future requirements, including data quality and MDM.
- Help define and drive development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the Data team.
- Provide leadership support to drive a consistent release management, change management, and intake process.
- Implement and maintain all security and privacy policies and procedures, including those for enterprise data warehouse architecture, various data platforms, BI tools and data access
- Work closely with Data, Engineering, and Product leads to ensure consistency across the product portfolio and various business functions.
- Manage engineers and managers working to build, scale, deploy and support network systems for our global network infrastructure
- Support on-call shift as needed to support the team
- Travel domestically and internationally (20%)
- 10+ years of industry experience working in one or more of the following fields: data engineering, data architecture, software development, or operations engineering.
- 7+ years of SQL (Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Hive, etc.) experience and relational databases experience (Oracle, MySQL)
- 2+ years’ experience in Big Data stack environments (AWS, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc.)
- 2+ years of scripting: Java and/or Python development experience
- Hands on experience with multiple data technologies and processes such as data architecture, data integration, data modeling, MDM and data quality.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex, strategic, and operational initiatives.
- Capability to think strategically, balancing a broad range of internal and external factors when identifying problems, proposing solutions, and making decisions.
- Experience working with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Master’s degree in a quantitative, computational or engineering field (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.