Director – Data Science, Modeling (New York City)
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 726657BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 05/12/2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+ services. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Network Engineering team, you would be responsible for maintaining and improving the global infrastructure necessary to support the company's streaming media platform.
Expert role that provides technical and analytical leadership to others in the development of a broad range of complex models that support business needs. Your primary responsibility will be to lead the development of predictive models, time series forecasting models, user segmentations, and anomaly detection models.
- Lead the development of our predictive algorithms across different areas with the aim of better understanding our customer and our business. This means you will be responsible for iterating on existing and prototyping new algorithms, building these algorithms with robust test coverage and working with engineering so they can be integrated into our production code base.
- Ability to translate hard product goals and business problems into modeling problems, draw conclusions from data, and recommend actions.
- Function as an expert and collaborate with the rest of the team to assess how models can be adjusted for better predictive power.
- Proactively identify opportunities within DSS that can benefit from data science modeling and present those findings.
- Be the expert at utilizing data sources across the organization with ability to integrate data across multiple platforms where joins to not exist, account for missing data and other approaches to clean and enhance our data.
- Work effectively across multiple business units with numerous stakeholders to deliver advanced analytics and modeling solutions.
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience making complex and broad predictions based on a vast amount of past and/or present data through the development of statistical and/or machine learning models
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Deep knowledge of machine learning algorithms (supervised and unsupervised learning), advanced statistics (time series forecasting, clustering algorithms, probabilistic models) and NLP (topic modeling, sentiment analysis).
- Advanced Python and R skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, preferred or equivalent professional experience.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.