Director DEI People CultureApply NowApply Later Job ID 962036BR Location New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Director, DEI People & Culture reports to the VP, People Culture & Diversity for The Walt Disney Company and will focus primarily on providing strategic operational leadership and support to our Business Employee Resource Groups (BERGs).
- Provide deep subject matter expertise and DEI counsel to problem solve, design and deliver strategic, solutions and partner with DEI leaders across TWDC on enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Strategically lead across multiple global regions
- Oversee and provide support to BERGs in the areas of talent identification process, governance, KPIs, budget, annual planning, quarterly reporting, membership, and activations.
- Partner with key stakeholders on an integrated BERG strategy connected to all HR functions
- Develop Strategies to streamline and connect DEI and company priorities with our BERGs.
- Partner and collaborate with Business DEI leaders to assure that our strategy and engagement is meaningful and impactful across TWDC
- Manage multiple BERG strategies, projects, budgets and resources
- Conduct ongoing research on best practices and recommend strategies for continuous improvement of diversity initiatives
- Lead direct reports on the team to guide them on D&I practices and individual development
- Embed Global perspectives in all solutions in partnership with DEI business partners
- Identify, develop and foster relationships with industry thought leaders, consultants, vendors and partners to apply best practice thinking.
- Share best practices to support the development of an inclusive environment across the enterprise for leaders and BERGs
- Partner with stakeholders on BERG analysis and reporting, including, market research, trend analysis, and benchmarking for opportunity identification
- Analyze metrics and data to determine strategic approach to priorities
- 7+ years minimum of experience in DEI
- A keen mind for analysis
- Proven track record of ability to influence and partner with business and HR leaders to successfully drive large scale organization initiatives and gain their commitment and support
- Leadership experience in managing and developing direct reports
- Deep understanding of what drives business cultures & employee experiences
- A natural orientation for collaboration, with inherent understanding about when to lead and when to support
- Experience in quantitative analysis and reporting, including, market research, trend analysis, benchmarking and opportunity identification
- Evidence of managing a wide array of stakeholder communications and relationships (internal and external) in a complex business environment
- The ability to garner trust from stakeholders at all levels
- Goal-oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize regularly in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work with many cross-functional internal and external partners, in a matrix environment with a high sense of urgency
- Strong client-service orientation and the ability to build credibility and relationships
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results-driven approach
- A unique combination of analytic and strategic analysis capabilities to leverage research and set measurable goals
- Superior cognitive ability; ability to simplify complex situations and make sound judgments
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, written and oral
- Knowledge of best practices and innovative talent trends in the market place
- Possess essential soft skills including: Communication, Teamwork, Collaboration, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence and Conflict Resolution
- Strong strategic development skills
- Ability to connect dots across priorities anticipate needs of the executive team
- Deep understanding of the DEI practice with a global lens
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership behaviors
- Ability to creatively solve operational problems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships across stakeholder groups
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.