Director, Engagement & Retention AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 800566BR Location New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
- Partnership: Partner closely across Retention Marketing team to identify campaign opportunities with the goal of reducing churn and growing engagement, contribute to strategic initiatives and experimentation hypotheses.
- Goaling and KPIs: Create applied advanced analytic solutions to understand and drive engagement and retention growth. Work “full-stack” to define KPIs and goal metrics with stakeholders, and measure pacing against those targets.
- Message Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression Management: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of messaging on and off of our products.
- Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, analysts may be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
- Strategic analyses: Analyze user behavior to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create a shared understanding of how our subscribers are engaging with messaging; Perform customer segmentation for the purposes of actioning marketing campaigns and growing engagement KPIs; Support the development of customer engagement strategies, programs and digital capabilities through data-driven recommendations.
- Optimize messaging performance: Partner with Data Science to more deeply understand our audience and user behavior, and leverage targeting and personalization capabilities for optimizing messaging strategy.
- 7+ years of analytics experience analyzing user behavior, engagement & retention drivers and campaign messaging data; experience using CRM analytics tools like Salesforce and Braze are a plus
- 3+ years work experience using SQL; Python/R and other statistical programming language experience preferred.
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders.
- Have a background in data visualization and dashboard development.
- Have experience with data mining techniques, multi-channel attribution modeling and statistics methodologies.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field including Marketing, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Social Science.
- Graduate degree preferred.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.