Director, Enterprise PortfolioApply Now Apply Later Job ID 644106BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 08, 2019
Job Summary:Portfolio management team balances conflicting demands among portfolio components, allocates resources based on organizational priorities and capacity, and integrates management principles and sound practices to deliver business value aligned with the strategic objectives. As a Technology company, we work closely with engineering and product teams along with business and finance teams. There are two portions of the Enterprise Portfolio Team, Operational and Strategic. Operational focuses on short-term immediate tasks while Strategic side focuses on long-term analytical tasks. Together we bring a coordinated approach that ensures that we meet customers and our expectations.
The Director leads a team that helps align projects, programs and operations with strategic objectives, investing resources in the right work and through analysis, delivers the expected value. She/he will collaborate with leaders and stakeholders from Technology, business and finance to ensure proper coordination and execution of activities related to the delivery of technology projects. This role will lead a team focused on long-term resource planning, resource capacity and utilization.You will play an integral role in ensuring widespread compliance with the time/resource tracking procedures defined by technology and finance and building a portfolio management center of excellence in Technology.
- Collaborate with business and finance teams on governance and financial control measures required for monthly/quarterly/annual processes.
- Provide consistent and effective portfolio tracking and reporting (i.e. dashboards, portfolio reviews, and reports).
- Long term resource planning, ensuring resource capacity constraints and opportunities are proactively identified and acted upon.
- Partner with finance to ensure robust governance and controls for resource allocation, as required by commercial contracts and internal cost allocations.
- Forecasting, modeling and scenario planning to aid executive decision-making on resource investments.
- In order to succeed in this role, the portfolio manager must have strong technical project management skills, leadership capabilities and strategic and business management expertise.
- Minimum of eight years combined IT experience in project, program and portfolio management preferred.
- Successfully managed a large portfolio or program with multiple business stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization including managing through cross-business units.
- Experience in data analytics; specifically, in compiling data and building reports/dashboards.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving analytical capabilities with strong attention to detail and task oriented.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications desired: Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), and/or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Bachelors degree preferred.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.